What we provide
We at Alastair Purdy & Co recognise that buying or selling a house or property can be a stressful time for many. To alleviate such concerns, our property team aims to guide our clients through each step of the process.
Steps involved in selling a selling or buying a property;
- If you are selling a house through an Auctioneer you need to make contact with them and agree terms and conditions upon which you are selling the property. Once the purchaser has paid a deposit the Auctioneer will forward a Sales letter to your Solicitor and Purchasers Solicitors.
- If your title documents to the property are with a Lending Institution your Solicitor will arrange for these to be drawn down. Once these are drawn down your Solicitor will prepare Contracts and title which are sent over to the Purchasers Solicitor.
- The Purchasers Solicitor may raise certain queries on the title furnished. If there are no queries the Purchaser will sign the Contracts and furnish them to your Solicitor with a balance of the 10% deposit. Only at this stage is there a binding contract in place.
- Your Solicitor will return one Contract to the Purchasers Solicitors and thereafter a closing date will be arranged suitable to both parties.
- If the sale is subject to a bank loan your Solicitor will pay the bank on your behalf out of the proceeds of the sale. Once this has been acknowledge and receipted by the Bank you will then receive the balance purchase monies left over.
WE ARE A NATIONAL LAW FIRM, WITH SOLICITORS IN DUBLIN, GALWAY & LIMERICK
Get in touch with one of our solicitors today.